Sunday, September 11, 2011

KINDERGARTNERS

This weekend in the Treehouse we moved up many of our kindergartners and let me tell you it was a "party in the house". It takes a few weeks for the new ones to get to know me, know how we roll up there and for us to get to know each other. You can not believe how challenging and fun these kids can be . . . such a joy.

I want them to get to know me, get some comfort level, so I open up the crate crew to some questions. First question, I kid you not, was "how old are you Miss Cindy?" These kids cut right to the chase and don't pull any punches. I didn't tell them but I did share the year of my birth. They were supposed to go home and ask their moms and dads to do the math and come back and tell me how old I am next week. This should be interesting.

The other challenge that these K'ers will have trouble grasping is the crates in the Treehouse are for sitting not walking on. Every year this throws these little guys and it takes about a month before they "get" it.

We are starting a series on the disciples so these little guys should be able to name them all by the end. We shall see.

With a Roderick in charge of the Treehouse you never know what those kids are going to come home and share with you. Beware.

No comments:

Post a Comment