Thursday, September 8, 2011

WALK

Today Scott and I took a walk. We chatted about the day, the girls, the dogs, the house and many more insignificant topics Isn't that how it is sometimes? We talked about everything but what we were supposed to be talking about, Kenya and Uganda. It just slipped our mind.

I pray somewhat sporadically for Irene, a little girl Scott met while in Kenya and we now support monthly. I pray for her schooling and that she has enough to eat and she has a safe place to sleep. I pray for the family she left so she could attend a Christ centered boarding school. I pray for her medical challenges and the life she will lead being hearing impaired in such a hostile country. I pray she has enough clean water to drink and books to read. I pray that she has friends that love her and teachers that care for her.

After today, I will pray for Irene daily as I do for my own girls. After today's challenge Irene has become an honorary Roderick girl.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls". Matthew 11:28-29

No comments:

Post a Comment