Wednesday, September 28, 2011

MISSION: MOVE FURNITURE

Scott left the house at about 1:45pm and now was our chance. It's not that he doesn't like us to move furniture, it's more that he just gets in the way of the progress. You know, he always has a better way to do the moving, a better placement, a better idea of how to make it easier, etc. So we have learned, the girls and I, to do it while Dad is out of the house.

I wanted the couch moved for two reasons, one so I could clean under, behind and around it and two because I wanted it in the family room to watch TV. We watch DVD's in the living room and I wanted more of a theater feel in there, so it now has all chairs. I know, I beat to a different drum.

But I degress. The mess behind the couch was way worse than I thought. Addison was gagging and Hope was running away screaming. I will admit it was bad, really bad. We had to do the cleaning of the couch and all the trimmings before we could even think about moving it.

Once that task was complete, the movement began. It was heavy, extremely heavy, heavier than when we moved it into the house after the remodel, I swear. We pushed, shoved, lifted and got about 2 inches. Addison was on the backwards end and Hope and I were on the other. Adds thought we were pushing it towards her and she did not want her toes smashed and yes, we were moving furniture bare footed. You can turn us in to the furniture cops after you finish reading this blog.

Anyway, her face was priceless and Hope and I started laughing and Adds started laughing at Hope and I and it was just one big laughfest, no sound, just laughing until our stomachs hurt. But eventually we got the job done.

Hey, if anyone ever needs furniture moved on the sly call the Roderick's. We are professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment