Wednesday, September 7, 2011

SCHOOL REWIND

I watched today as all the kids, elementary and middle, returned to school. As I sat outside Main Street Coffee and Book waiting for my walking bff's, so many memories flooded my heart.

Hope returned last week without much pomp and circumstance. A junior in high school just doesn't get the same attention as that first day of kindergarten. Oh we had the what to wear on the first day of school drama as well as the registration chaos but . . . just not the same as the thrill of the first day of elementary.

Hope was the toughest to send to off school. Her first day of PreK was met with me sobbing by the door to her classroom and her walking in and owning it. She's the last to do all things Roderick and that brings tears along with joy. These girls of ours have grown up to be such beautiful young women of God.

I can't wait to see what's next, although I do miss the days of childhood . . . sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment