Thursday, September 8, 2011

CLEANING OUT THE TREEHOUSE

Every year about this time I get into a cleaning frenzy up in the Treehouse. Summer is over. School has begun. It's time to get the room up to snuff for a new year of fun, facination and (non) fiction. Everything has been well loved and some stuff just needs to be tossed.

As I went through junk this morning in the back room I found missing game pieces, silverfish, trash, mineral oil, helium tanks, music stand, old Promiseland curriculum and a bunch of other items I can't begin to remember. Stacking, sorting, piling, organizing, decisions about what to keep, what to toss. Yep. That was my morning.

To add insult to injury I was a lazy bones this summer and let jobs just stack up. Especially the ones I do not enjoy doing, but I know has to be done. The PVBS and UGSFAW aftermath was daunting but I tackled it with vigor. This entails returning everything to it's proper Treehouse address and/or replacing missing parts and purchasing stuff that was damaged and/or lost. Whew.

My goal is to complete the process by Saturday so that all will be in place and good to go for the weekend. All those kindergartner's are heading up and it is going to be wild.

This Roderick can not wait for the action to begin.

1 comment:

  1. Did you happen to find any microphones that aren't usually in the Treehouse?

    Billy

    ReplyDelete