Saturday, March 27, 2010

1988 OLYMPIC TRIALS

My due date was August 4, 1988. I was late with Kelsey so it was a calculated risk I was willing to take. I purchased tickets for the National Gymnastic Olympic trials to be held in Salt Lake City August 3-7 at the Salt Palace. I was very excited.

Then the unexpected happened. Addison decided to be born a little early and made her grand appearance on August 1. This was not the plan. This really messed me up. What was I going to do with my tickets . . . I wanted to attend these trials.

I gave two tickets to my obstetrician scheduled for the day we came home from the hospital. I kept the rest. I could do this. I felt great. It was the chance of a lifetime and I didn't want to miss it. I took Addison with me.

That's right. Don't judge me. I took my 3 day old baby to the national trials for gymnastics. She was the youngest one in the arena and people were amazed that I would consider bringing an infant to an event of this magnitude. What was I thinking?

She was a perfect angel. She snoozed in my sisters arms the whole time never making a sound. Dinner was on me so I would feed her and give her back to Shelly. We saw a few gymnastics celebrities. It was so cool.

We did not miss the chance of a lifetime . . . Addison and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment