Saturday, March 27, 2010

THE CABIN

Kelsey was a little critter of about two when we went on our snowmobiling adventure in the mountains of Utah. I was pregnant with Addison and the journey was a stretch for me to say the least. Scott, on the other hand, was very excited.

Our friends had a rustic cabin and we decided that our small group needed a weekend get away with our families. We all piled in our cars and took off, not realizing what we were getting ourselves into. We drove for 2 hours, parked our cars and had to snowmobile into the cabin in the dark in below freezing temperatures. Once there, no heat or running water and no indoor bathroom facilities. The out house was about 25 yards down wind of the cabin. We had to build a roaring fire and have it burn for about 2 hours before we could even think about taking off our snow gear. We had to snowmobile all our luggage and food in on a little pull trailer behind one of the machines. The guys all loved it. The gals, not so much. I kept thinking what have I done to my sweet little baby girl.

You know what? We had the best time ever . . . no kidding! I have never had such a good nights sleep. I have never tasted bacon and eggs like that in my whole life. Even taking the little hike to the facility was invigorating.

Our small group time was like none we had ever experienced before. We all shared stories and found out a little more about one another. Being thrown together in a perceived crisis situation brought out the humor in many of us. I laughed so hard Addison was becoming annoyed at me. We came up with unique names for the new babies on the way (2 of us were pregnant). The kids loved the snowmobiles, the snow, running around in the cabin and no baths for two days.

God has a way of turning uncertain situations into something valid, real and unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment