Wednesday, March 10, 2010

THUNDERSTORM

Who doesn't enjoy a good thunderstorm? I love to sit on the porch and just listen. Sometimes I can hear the lightening crackle. Sometimes I can feel the barometer drop. Sometimes I just sit and let the rain pour all over me. Thunderstorms, for me, are God's way of saying "slow down and know that I am God and you are not." Simple. Concise. True.

We were at the Ponderosa Dude Ranch just outside of Zion, Utah. The Randolph side of the family has enjoyed this facility for several years. They have every outdoor activity you could imagine for a mountain resort. All the girls love it.

We had the best dinner ever in the "mess hall" and were heading back to our "cowboy cabin". The sky was grey, the wind kicked up and God's power was unleashed on us. Our hair stood on end, our eyes squinted and our voices laughed. It was so awesome. The lightening was so close we could almost reach out and grab it. The thunder was so loud it was as if our ear drums would burst at the crash. The rain was so pure we caught it on our tongues for cool sip.

We all sat on the porch and watched in thankful silence.

Imagine. The Roderick's silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment