Wednesday, March 10, 2010

FRIENDS AND BIRDS

Everyone knows how much I enjoy walking with my dear, sweet friends. They truly keep me grounded and focused on what is important in this life God has given us. We have been known to laugh a lot, at each other and at situations that we are thrown into. Here's a tale of of health horror.

We were heading back from the Pier and waiting for the light at PCH to give us permission to cross. I was under the street light. We were talking and not paying much attention to the activity surrounding us. Suddenly, I feel something hit my cheek between my sunglasses, just below my eye. I was stunned for a moment, my dear friends scattering as I yelled. A bird had nailed me right on there in broad daylight. I just stood there bent over and out so the poop would not travel toward my mouth. "A little help" was a statement that apparently did not compute for my loyal friends. Kim and Anne Marie stood way back and were no support and the rest plain scattered. "A tissue, please" I said again, with a little more feeling. Anne Marie stood about 3 feet away and stretched way out and handed me the tissue. I guess Kim was praying because I didn't see her until after I wiped off my face. It was sick, in the bad way, not the good.

I believe my sweet friends assumed I was going to get poop on them, too. So they were reluctant to support the, uh, situation I was in and by the way, not enjoying.

After the whole incident was over, we all laughed harder than we had in a very long time. I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment