Wednesday, March 3, 2010

YUCK BUGS

Today I felt like a rock star. I always do when I speak at chapel at HCS. Many of the kids are familiar with me because they attend the Treehouse and they arrive yelling and screaming my name out as they parade into the room. Of course, I yell and scream hellos right back at them throwing in my well practiced wave. You know wrist-elbow, elbow-wrist.

It was wacky Wednesday in honor of Dr. Suesse's birthday, so I dug up an old story I knew the kids would love. It is similar to the play with words that the doctor is famous for and I love the way it flows.

I was right. They were mesmerized by the yuck bugs and the utterfly and it teaches such an important concept about hurtful words. The kids were with me the whole time and I tied it in with Proverbs 12:18. It was an energizing day for me. If you want a copy of the story I have it and would be glad to give you a copy.

No pictures in this one, but how about collecting your own bugs out in the back yard? Could be fun, yes?

No comments:

Post a Comment