Tuesday, March 23, 2010

YOU'RE FIRED

Tuesday is always a busy day for us and this Tuesday was no different. Dashing around trying to get ready for FLEX, catching up on scheduling and lesson planning, picking up after a hectic Treehouse weekend. It was crazy.

Once the kids got to FLEX I could let down a little and relax. Not so on this ominous evening. Kurt came up to me and asked if we could talk for a few minutes and we went and sat down in a small kitchen off of the Lighthouse. Kurt micro waved some popcorn for one of the small groups as he talked and I listened.

He's talking about the staff and the aging process that is occurring before our eyes. We are all getting older, enough said. As he is talking, I am having an ADHD moment. I can not focus on what he is saying. I keep thinking what am I going to do? I start daydreaming about the girls and Scott. I have to find another hobby or I will go nuts. Who will take over? Does he already know what the new plan is? I am running wild with unreal assumptions.

Finally, I can stand it no more and I blurt out "Are you going to fire me because I am too old?" His face was priceless and he assured me that was not the case at all. He continued an explanation and I was able to focus and add to our discussion rationally.

I wonder if it's easier when Donald Trump says "you're fired".

1 comment: