Friday, March 5, 2010

ANEMIC

My mom and sister and I all tend to be anemic at various points in our lives. I try to keep our girls on a daily multiple vitamin with some iron in it to avoid this little blip on the health screen.

Kelsey, being the dramatic gal she is, always thinks something is wrong with her. She was convinced she was anemic and takes her vitamins religiously so she can avoid future illness. One morning after taking her horse pill, she started complaining of a stomach ache. She kept whining and fussing. This lead to screaming at me to take her to the emergency room.

Now I admit, I am pretty calm with my kids and I usually try not to jump to conclusions. Kelsey was in fact, very out of character. She was actually rolling on the floor and using potty words I had never heard her use before. So I started asking her questions to get a better idea of her situation.

"Have you pooped?" "Are you having your period?" Do you have gas?" Have you been working out?" "Did you take your vitamins with food?"

"What? I didn't know you had to eat something with vitamins," she replied while writhing in pain. I shoved a cracker down her and suddenly she was healed. She was immediately herself once again. I know, hard to believe the power of the saltine.

I think she learned her lesson, after all, she is a Roderick.

No comments:

Post a Comment