Sunday, March 7, 2010

CANDYLAND

Kelsey loved to play board games when she was young. She would play with anyone who would sit down and throw the dice with her. Any game, any time, any where.

My sister and her husband came to visit us in Oregon and they were quickly challenged to a game of Candyland. They submitted to her will and the game began.

I was deliberately listening while preparing dinner and I kept hearing Kelsey repeat the same word. Gram it . . . it sounded as if she wanted someone to get something for her but not quite. She kept saying it so finally I went in and witnessed first hand what was occurring.

Every time Kelsey would throw a bad number she would say this inappropriate word. I asked Shelly why she let it continue and she said "I couldn't imagine Kelsey saying "that" word so I assumed I was misunderstanding her. Besides, she doesn't like to lose and I didn't want to agitate her further. We just overlooked it."

Shelly, now that you are a mom, what would you have done different?

Those wild Roderick girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment