Sunday, March 7, 2010

BARNEY

We lived in a small apartment, in Oregon, didn't know anyone, trying to enjoy two little girls in the limited space. I know, it's a sad story of stress, struggle and sanity. But many memories were created in that apartment. It was an adventure I would never change.

One late after noon, while waiting for Scott to come home, Kelsey was entertaining herself watching Barney. I fed Addison in the kitchen or rather tried to feed her. She never was one for eating and Kelsey was one for the TV. She was mesmerized by the appliance and as a general rule, I didn't need to check on her frequently. This was about to change.

I finished with Addison and was cleaning up and realized I should probably peek in on Kelsey. I peered around the corner and I was somewhat baffled by what I saw. Kelsey was sitting in the middle of the floor. A circle of blonde hair surrounded her. She was hypnotized and cutting her hair in a TV stupor, grabbing and shearing with no idea of what was occurring.

In her chubby little hand was the child proof scissors that claim to cut only paper. Boy, did they get it wrong. My four year old daughter was having no trouble at all clipping her lovely locks, clump by clump. Kelsey donned a hair style that could only be described as bohemian bad.

Another Roderick hits the salon for a repair that only a professional could achieve.

No comments:

Post a Comment