Wednesday, March 10, 2010

REMODEL2006

It will be four years in August. I can't believe it has been that long, but it has. Our remodel.

I won't forget sleeping in the living room.
I won't forget cooking and eating on the patio.
I won't forget sharing one bathroom.
I won't forget having some sort of hole in every room in the house.
I won't forget choosing tile.
I won't forget all the purchased appliances.
I won't forget the carpenters, electricians, plumbers and inspectors.
I won't forget the painting.
I won't forget widening the stair case.
I won't forget choosing all the hardware for doors, cabinets and other sundry items.
I won't forget the dust.
I won't forget contracting the flu in the middle of the chaos.
I won't forget searching for chrome fixture covers.
I won't forget the piles of junk in the garage.
I won't forget how my spiritual life soared.
I won't forget how close our family grew living on top of each other.

Was it all worth it? Absolutely. Another 6 years and it will be time to start again.

No comments:

Post a Comment