Saturday, March 27, 2010

DESPERATE

It was a crisis beyond the expertise of any young mother. I was in the depths of despair and desolation. I was drowning in a scenario that can only be described as hades on earth. A screaming, unconsolable baby was in my care and I had nothing to sooth this little one's heart.

A headache as big as Houston was exploding in my brain and not a pacifier or bottle in sight. The child would not quiet and the throbbing in my head was not relinquishing.

I did what I had to do to survive the circumstances. I gently held the child in my arms and brought it to my breast. That's right. I was trying to breast feed a child that was a bottle baby. Hey, desperate times call for desperate measures. What kind of mother would continue to let a baby fuss? Not me. Worst of all, the child wanted nothing to do with what I offered. In fact, it screamed more.

Kelsey kept asking "What is wrong with that baby?"

Oh, did I mention the baby boy was a friend of mine's little guy and I was just baby sitting? I was pregnant with Addison and Travis was about 3 months old.

Don't judge me. You weren't there. You don't know what I was going through. Betsy forgot to leave a bottle. Travis was very unhappy. I was seriously desperate and ran out of options. So the breast came out . . . I would have done anything at that point. Truly.

Remember, don't ever leave your child anywhere without a bottle. The consequences will be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment