Saturday, March 6, 2010

BEANIES

Apparently, the beanies I make for the Treehouse kids are a hot commodity. I knit "Bible Beanies" for the anyone who memorizes the books of the Bible or several other tidbits I have on a memory sheet. Actually, I have several knitted items they can choose from up there. They are incentives and meant to grow the child spiritually. I have been known to give any one a beanie who can recite something scriptural for me.

Jake, a college guy at church, earned a coveted beanie and is often seen around campus sporting it. The other day, as the story goes, a kid came up to him and complimented his legit hat and asked where he got it. Jake replied "a church lady made it and I'll sell you this one for $10.00." The kid pulled out the bill and it was a done deal.

Scott, a high school boy came up to the Treehouse after church tonight. He is doing Worship for me next weekend and I just assumed he came up to check things out. I explained to him all the in and outs and asked if he had any questions. He didn't and I sent him on his merry way.

I arrived at home to Shae's delightful baking aromas and told her why I was a tad bit late. She said "Mom, I think Scott came up to pick out a beanie." Oh.

Scott, honey, come back up and pick out a beanie.

No comments:

Post a Comment