Thursday, March 4, 2010

SISTERS IN SEATTLE

Addison just got on a plane with her good friend Kristin. They are heading up to the great Northwest to visit Kelsey. Some of their friends that they grew up with in Utah are going up too and they are all staying at Kelsey's apartment in downtown Seattle. It should be quite a party. Skylar is going to meet up with the crew. Maybe Kelly will come down from Canada too. They know people every where. I hope they take lots of pictures.

Scott and I have enjoyed putting our kids on planes to visit people. It gives the girls a sense of freedom and independence. Always non stop flights until they got a little older. When they were little they would fly with Grandad. My dad traveled frequently and racked up bunches of miles. He would fly down and pick them up and then fly back with them after a week with the cousins in Utah. Kelsey was about 4 when she went with Grandad to Utah. Grandad was able to upgrade and they flew first class. She and Addison got used to that when they were little. Dad retired and the miles disappeared and the girls started flying coach. Dad says the first time that happened Kelsey said, "I don't want to go back there . . . I want to stay up here." It doesn't take kids long to get it.

I dropped Addi off at Kristin's, her mom was driving them to Long Beach Airport. As I gave her a hug, I slipped her $100.00 to spend with her sister in Seattle. The Nordstrom's flagship store is in downtown Seattle, so let the spending begin. It's our joy to surprise the girls when we can, although they have come to expect the unexpected from their dad and mom. Have fun girls and we love you.

I hope they buy something that I can wear too.

No comments:

Post a Comment