Tuesday, March 23, 2010

TABLE KICKING

I work on Tuesdays up in the Treehouse, you know, catching up from the weekend, getting ready for FLEX, contemplating the next K-2nd lesson series, etc. Shae, Hope and Jake (Hope's bff) come up and are making buzzies for me. Buzzies are these little Perler bead pictures that we give the kids during weekend worship. I have to make a bunch of them so the kid's and their friends help me out once in a while.

Shae is in my back stage area chatting me up. Hope and Jake are out in the Treehouse laughing, talking and enjoying each other's company while building buzzies. You can learn a lot about high school during those kind of listening opportunities. Shae and I are talking about college, boys, school, boys, work, boys, clothes, boys, and you know.

Suddenly, there is a huge crash in the Treehouse followed by utter silence. Scared Shae and I to death as we jumped about 40 feet straight up. Hope had kicked the table leg and it collapsed. We all had a good laugh and Hope and Jake had to put the table back up.

No buzzies were harmed during the incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment