Wednesday, March 24, 2010

SCHOOL TODAY?

Walking and coffee with my gal pals is generally how I spend my Wednesday mornings and today was especially interesting because we had so much to talk about i.e. health care. Let it be said that if our little girl friend political power house ran the country things would certainly be much different.

We stopped and got our cup of coffee as usual, chatted up the baristas, said "Hi" to some other familiar faces and regained our quick pace back to the church.

I saw them coming way down Main. These two young boys, HBHS age boys, walking towards us. We kept up our pace and as they approached I blurted out "Why aren't you in school?" with a smile. One young man said his cousin was visiting and we walked on by them as they headed towards the beach.

Kim and Sue are stunned. I was so abrupt and didn't mention a name. Kim said "Did you know those guys?" And I said, with a very sincere facial expression "No, Kim, I say that to all the kids I see ditching school." Seriously, Russell is a kid from church that I've known since he was a little guy.

Here's the thing. Kim knows me too well. That is something I would do and say on our walks . . . it is just so me.

No comments:

Post a Comment